Building & Grounds Worker
A nationally recognized leader in the broadcast and media technology field based in St. Petersburg, Florida, is seeking an experienced Building & Grounds worker. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of routine tasks involved in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, equipment and assist operations when needed.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and preventable maintenance, etc.
- Assists with basic mechanical duties involved in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds equipment.
- Perform routine labor and cleaning duties such as moving furniture, replacing light bulbs, collecting, or disposing of trash, hanging pictures, assembling furniture, and putting up shelves, as well as other duties assigned by management.
- Comply with all applicable state codes, regulations and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Coordinate and manage vendor relationships, order supplies, and monitor inventory.
- Prepares specifications for maintenance projects to include schedule, supplies and labor cost.
- Perform other duties and tasked as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs above shoulder level without assistance.
- Basic knowledge of modern buildings and grounds maintenance and repair methods, materials, and equipment.
- 1-2 years of work experience/education in building maintenance carpentry and or a mechanical trade
- Ability to stand, stoop and kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Available to work overtime, nights, and weekends on occasion, when needed.
- Willingness to work outside in adverse weather conditions.
- Clean driver’s license
- Experience with forklift operation is a definite plus.