Broadcast Technician – Entry Level
Website CP Communications
A nationally recognized leader in broadcast and media technology solutions.
Entry level position working with a nationally recognized leader in broadcast and media technology solutions. Based at our Yorktown Heights, NY facility, this position is ideal for candidates looking to get a start in the live event broadcast industry. As a Broadcast Technician you will be part of a team that is responsible for the preparation and delivery of broadcast equipment for events ranging from golf tournaments to auto racing, NFL telecasts and hundreds of other live events.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Loading and unloading shipments as they depart or arrive at the facility
- Filling equipment orders by working from a pick list
- Working with shippers or shipping agents to insure proper documentation of shipments
- Occasional local deliveries of equipment in company supplied vehicles
- Checking equipment in and out of the facility using a scanner driven inventory control system
Our company is very team oriented and we look for team members who:
- Are highly reliable in reporting to work and are detail oriented
- Maintain a safety-first attitude in performance of their duties
- Are available to work overtime and/or weekends on an occasional basis
- Are open to and eager to learn about the industry and the technology
Basic Job Requirements:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs above shoulder level without assistance
- Ability to stand, stoop and kneel for prolonged periods of time
- Clean driver’s license
- Experience with forklift operation is a definite plus
We provide personnel safety equipment for all warehouse employees and operate a COVID aware facility. We provide PPE for all employees including masks and gloves (as appropriate) and masks are required to be worn at all times in the facility. The company offers paid employee health care through a national provider in addition to optional life, disability and dental insurance available at additional cost. A matching 401(k) plan is available to all employees after one year of service.